AARP Tax-Aide Foundation
FREE TAX HELP FEBRUARY THROUGH APRIL 15th
The AARP Tax-Aide Foundation offers free tax help, preparation, and e-filing in Inyo and Mono counties. This free tax help and preparation service, run by volunteers, serves low and moderate income taxpayers. Our counselors are trained and certified annually through an IRS/AARP training program and we can assist and answer most all of the questions you may have regarding your tax liability issues.
What’s new this year: The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is being administered by the IRS and coverage of your health insurance is reported through your tax return.
Spanish speaking assistance is available, but must be requested at time of appointment.
To schedule appointments or to answer any questions you might have, please call:
Location Phone Appointments Available
Bishop Senior Center 760.873.5240 M, Tu, W, Th
Mammoth Lakes * 760.934.5674 M, W, Th
Owens Valley Career Dev Ctr 760.872.2115 F
* the Mammoth site accepts walk-ins, but appointments have priority
What to bring when you visit our Tax-Aide site:
- Social security cards or ITIN documents for yourself and your dependents
- Picture ID
- Tax statements; W-2 forms, 1099-G (unemployment), SSA-1099, 1099-R, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, broker statements, etc.
- Medical insurance information for all persons on the tax return, including form 1095-A if insurance purchased through Covered California
- If direct deposit desired, bring account information (routing and acct no)
- Copy of last year’s income tax return (if available)
- Child care provider information (name, employer’s SSN or EIN & phone